Facilitate treatment, provide follow-up services, and ensure continuity of appropriate care to severely emotionally disturbed and seriously mentally ill individuals who may be at risk of hospitalization or re-hospitalization.
1. Obtain and maintain proper certification to perform CSS, taking full ownership of this process. This includes completing required annual training, maintaining supportive documentation, and submitting applications independently and timely.
2. Meet the set productivity requirement by planning ahead, developing a schedule, and seeking support from office manager and/or CSS Director when deficiencies are anticipated.
3. Provide case management services for the clients who meet the criteria for Community Support Services (CSS).
4. Provide ongoing assessment of clients’ needs and develop appropriate treatment planning.
5. Coordinate case management and mental health center services provided to clients, with services provided by other agencies.
6. Provide supportive counseling to clients and their families as needed.
7. Provide assistance to CSS clients in making applications for benefits and assistance.
8. Provide assistance to clients regarding housing.
9. Provide assistance to clients in securing medications and developing medication management plan.
10. Assure access for CSS clients (when needed) to receive mental health and other community services.
11. Provide home visits as determined by the level of need of each client.
12. Provide advocacy services for CSS clients.
13. Provide family counseling and education concerning mental illness to family members of CSS clients.
14. Maintain a case load as assigned including proper documentation and paperwork.
15. Attend meetings and training related to CSS as designated by the Director of Community Support Services.
16. Complete and turn in to the Director of Community Support Services any reports as requested.
17. Complete and turn in progress notes daily in electronic medical record system to Supervisor.
18. Attend to tasks related to loss prevention such as verifying active Medicaid via Envision, ensuring appropriate prior authorization is in place, and communicating any payer changes with the treatment team and billing department prior to service provision.
19. Attend and actively participate in supervisory meetings as requested including office staffing and treatment teams.
20. Perform after hours duties related to on-call crisis team as assigned by Mobile Crisis Team Coordinator and Director of Community Support Services.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field.
2. Ability to relate effectively to severely mentally ill individuals.
3. Have transportation, hold a valid driver’s license, have automobile insurance, and have a safe driving record
4. Must have, and maintain, a Communicare insurable driving record