1. The Day Services Adult Direct Support Professional will provide direct care for individuals who are designated as ID/DD who attend the Adult Day Services program.
2. Services provided will include:
a. assistance and acquisition, retention, or improvement in social self-help, socialization, and other adaptive skills that enhance social development and skills in performing activities of daily living
b. meaningful day activities for the Individual to include the acquisition and maintenance of skills, building positive social behavior and interpersonal competence, greater independence and personal choice
c. community integration activities
3. Maintain responsibility for monitoring and supervising individuals at all times during service provision, whether in the program building, during transporting, or in the community.
4. Serve as a member of the Communicare Treatment Team and participate in team meetings as required
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
6. Work under the supervision of the Day Services Adult Supervisor or other supervisor as designated.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to perform the responsibilities of the job as listed above.
3. Must be Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certified or able to complete CPI training and any other training required by DMH and Communicare
4. Ability to relate positively to individuals who are served through the Adult Day Services program and their families.
5. Must have transportation or access to transportation and be able to provide transportation to individuals being served. A valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and an insurable driving record must be maintained continuously throughout employment.