Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.Communicare is currently seeking a MPACC Prevention Specialist.The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, or Social Work.Duties:
- Implement classroom-based educational intervention. Implementation entails completing standardization training, conducting participant recruitment (e.g. recruiting students through sign-up sheets and classroom appearances, as well as calling and/or emailing participants to remind them of their appointment), and managing required classroom activities in a professional manner.
- Collect data on participants. Data collection involved pretest, posttest, and follow up intervention data.
- Score and enter collected data into prevention databases located on Project laptop. Data entry must be completed on a biweekly basis.
- Keep records as required by Communicare and external funding/auditing sources.
- Attend in-service training and other meetings as assigned. Turn in schedule for upcoming week to Coordinator by Friday @ 3pm
- Report daily activities notes to Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants can apply in person at local county offices. Main office is located at 152 Highway 7 South, Oxford, MS 38655.Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com - please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the e-mail.